On December 14th at 8:30am, I posted that it was a "perfect" morning because my 2 girls were both sleeping and I had some quiet time to myself. I take back my comment, it was anything but "perfect".
That morning, my friend came over with her daughter to play with Marie. They had a great time playing, just being kids, and watching Sesame Street. I didn't turn on the news until after they left, and was then informed about what had happened. I wish I had kept Sesame Street on.
That morning (at exactly the same time I wrote my post) 20 children and 6 adults of Sandy Hook Elementary met a very sick person and he did the unthinkable. I really couldn't believe what I was seeing on the news. It was hard to comprehend. I thought about 6 and 7 yr old kids that I knew and how young they are and how I can't imagine what those kids went through. I think of my friends who are teachers. I thought of my friend, Emilie, who was from Brookfield, CT, which is the neighboring town and if she knew anyone in Newtown. I thought about the families, how close it was to Christmas, ugh...it made me sick.
It's been 3 days since Newtown, CT has been turned upside down. I, like many, are still trying to process how and why things like this happen to good people...
That morning sucked and was by no means perfect for anyone.