Sunday, December 9, 2012

Lil Stinker

Fun Fact #1:  To get attention after I was born, my brother walked with a limp.*

Fun Fact #2: To get attention after The Nanny was born, I spoke with a lisp.*

Calling it striving for attention, boredom or her just being a funny little kid, but Marie has become a little stinker lately.  If it's not pestering Ruby (I seriously sound like a broken record all day: "Marie, LEAVE RUBY ALONE!), taking ornaments off the tree (Yes, I found her hanging them on her nose.  The Nanny had a good point, "at least she's not hanging the ones with the hooks from her nose."), or wanting to drink from Alice's bottle (if I put the bottle down for a millisecond, she yells "TAKE DRINK!"), she's keeping us on our toes lately. It's a good thing she's really cute, or else I'd lose my mind.  Luckily, bribing has worked to keep her from being on Santa's naughty list.  What kind of bribing you ask?  Christmas yard decorations.  Yep, those big obnoxious, inflatable decorations.  No, I don't run out and buy one for her each time I want her to stop being a stinker.  I simply bundle her up, walk her to the neighbor's house and we look at their decorations for 5 minutes, then head home.  It works great for now...but any suggestions on bribing ideas once Christmas is over and those decorations get put away?

Definitely did not learn this from watching me.  I blame Chris.

Poor Ruby...got attacked by the Fisher Price stethoscope.  

Yard decoration time!!

*We both have fully recovered....walking & speaking just fine, thank you for wondering.