Friday, July 8, 2011

Projects: Complete.

Two projects have been on my our to-do list, and we finally got them completed.

1. The front landscaping of our house was in desperate need of cleaning up.  I use the term "landscaping" loosely since the previous owners must have just replanted old bushes wherever there was an open area.   We figured it was time to rip those up and make it look a tad more tidy. Since we know nothing about building a retaining wall and had no desire to dig around the dead cicadas on the ground, we called in our landscaping guy and his chain-smoking K-Fed look-a-like friend.

Before - gross.

After - bushes to be planted in Fall.  

2. Our patio furniture needed a little TLC.  Ok, they had to be totally stripped and restained. 
Enter determined Mommy.

After stripping and sanding.....got a nice sunburn working on this portion.

After sunburn incident, I decided to stain in the garage, AKA: my "workshop".
Fun fact: vegetable oil gets stain off of skin.  Thanks Google, I owe you.

No comments:

Post a Comment