Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Girlie Girl

It's no secret, my niece Madelyn is 100% girl.  Pink and purple outfits, check.  Stuffed animals galore, check.  Several boyfriends, check.  Knowing this about her, I was surprised to hear she had never gotten a mani/pedi before.  I mean, don't all 6 yr olds nowadays have at least one trip to the salon under their belts?  So, for her birthday (back in April), I told her I'd treat her to a special trip to the salon.  Today was the big day.

As soon as we walked into the crowded salon, she said "Ohhh, it smells so good in here!"  Really?!  You're kidding.....because to me, it smelled like a big bottle of polish remover and dozens of opened polish containers.  Oh well, I'll let her think it's a "good" smell.  She jumped into one of the big leather couches and we waited for her turn.  In the meantime, she asked if she could read a few magazines.  Pointing out Jack Black, Justin Bieber (her fave) and Selena Gomez, I realized she's pretty hip, and she can really read now.   When it was her turn, she wanted to sit in the "big" chair and have her feet in the water.  We got approval to sit in the chair, but her legs were too short for the water.  "Maybe next time, Madelyn", I told her.  (I think I just bought myself a few years until her next salon visit.).  Having seen her "neighbor's" chair jiggle around, she wanted her's to do the same.  Poor thing almost launched out of the seat.....apparently, the massage feature on the chairs are a tad too strong for kids. 

Safe to say, Madelyn is hooked on mani/pedis.

Catching up on 'news' while waiting.

I think she's having a good time.

Final product: blue polish with sparkles, of course. 
When I asked what the color is called, she said "Blueberry Muffin".
OPI should consider hiring 6 yr olds to help name their polishes. I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment