Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mommy, DVM

We all know Ruby has had a unfortunate history with allergies.  Luckily, a local Pet Allergist (I'm not kidding, we really did take her to one.....we were desperate) diagnosed her, telling us we just needed to change her food.  Days later on new food and she's a whole new dog.....until this week.  Something in the air has made poor Ruby's paws start to act up again.  (The more I think about it, she's probably just so upset that her pal, The Nanny, is leaving soon and this is her reaction.)  She's been licking her back wheels, non stop.  We took her to get a steroid shot earlier this week, but it's just not kicking in.  Last night was the worst....poor thing(s) couldn't sleep and kept us up (and by poor things, I'm including the Mommy & Daddy as well).  Today we knew we had to do something drastic to help Ruby.  How can we get Ruby to stop licking her paws so they heal and we get back to sleep at night to normal?  That's when it dawned on me.....socks.  Small socks.  Marie's socks that don't fit her anymore!  Don't worry, they aren't the frilly ones with bows or ruffles.....I mean, let's get Ruby used to the idea of wearing socks before we bedazzle her paws.  We're happy to report that she's had those socks on all day and hasn't bothered her paws once.  Who knew we'd be sharing Marie's hand-me-downs already? 


White ones for Summer.  She'll probably request argyle ones for Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment