I've noticed a lot of things happened recently that revolves around the letter D. Darn you Sesame Street for making me find things in my world that start with certain letters.
- D is for the Demo Derby (ooh, 2 points for this one)....don't judge, but this is one of my favorite nights of the summer. The Daddy, the Nanny, Uncle Eric and I headed east to the Monroe County Fair Demo Derby. Where else can you go watch old junker cars run into each other, while eating corndogs, drinking $2 beer, and people watching to see who can spot the most mullets? This event (and trust me, it is an event) has become a yearly tradition thanks to one of Chris' friends who participates in the derby. Always look forward to the last Friday in July!
- D is for the Downpour that we had here yesterday. It's about time we get some rain around here, we're so sick of this heat! (With a name like Winter, I don't do well in the heat.)
- D is for Decorators....Madelyn and I got ahold of a paint roller in the "pink" room and made a surprise for the Nanny. Note: the pink room was the previous owner's daughter's room. It was my job to prime (2 coats, it was THAT pink) the room. After the pink was gone, Madelyn said "Wait, what happened to the beautiful pink room? It's so boring in here now." Ahh, to be 6 yrs old.
 |
|
- D is for Dirty....as in my clothes after helping paint the Nanny's new house. Why do I always end up with so much paint on my clothes?!?
- D is for Jeff Lewis Design....ok, this is a stretch with the letter D, but do yourself a favor....watch Flipping Out on Bravo, Tues at 8pm. This show is a riot and Jeff Lewis cracks me up. A must see!
- D is for Deutsch - as in German - as in Heidi Klum who hosts my favorite show, Project Runway. Ok, another stretch, but since we're talking about TV shows, I have to mention a favorite. We (Lori and I) have been fans since Season 1. It just started this week, so you haven't missed much if you start watching now. Warning: Don't try to call me Thursdays at 8pm, I WILL screen your phone call.
- D is for another fave show of our's (Chris & I), Deadliest Catch on Discovery Channel - (again, double points). What is it about grungy men working on a smelly fishing boat that reels (pun intended) us in?
- And last but certainly not least.....D is for My Dad. This past Friday was 4 yrs since my Dad passed away. It feels like just yesterday he was here. I know he's looking down at us and smiling at what we've all been up to. He'd be pretty proud our family....except for me promoting a Demo Derby :)
Thank you for the Project Runway PSA as I wasn't aware it had begun. I am setting my Uverse now.
ReplyDeleteToday's Sesame Street letter is "K" - go with it.....