Saturday, July 23, 2011

Corn What?

Thanks to an Excessive Heat Warning for the last two weeks, we've been prisoners in our own home.  No need to get out in this heat if we don't have to.  Lucky for Chris me, this warning does allow for plenty of time to surf DIY websites and come up with a craft project. 
Here's our conversation earlier this week:

Julie: Hey, I'm going to make an window cornice.
Chris: A corn-what?
Julie: Trust me, you'll love it.
Chris: Flashes me the classic eye roll at my random ideas.

So, off to Hobby Lobby I went (of course, in the evening when it wasn't so hot).  Foam core, batting, duct tape, fabric and a staple gun.....and viola!  A window cornice!  It was soooooo easy, and even easier to hang.  And it looks great if I do say so myself. 

To place an order, email me your measurements and send a check for $250.  (Hey, people charge that much online, figured I could too.)

Onto my next project....whatever that may be?  (I'm sure Chris can't WAIT for the temps to get cooler....#1, so he can play more golf; and #2, so I can get out of this house and off crafty websites.) 

My corn-what.

No comments:

Post a Comment