After an overnight trip to Grammy & PawPaw's, Marie has taken a liking to pretzels. In an effort be creative with her meals (just to get the child to eat anything!), I decided to stick pretzels in her snacks to see if she'd eat the snacks. We had "porcupine peanut butter" (with sprinkles, of course) and "porcupine strawberry bars". At first, my porcupine plan backfired because we told Marie that you're not supposed to touch porcupines because they are sharp and can hurt you. Dangit, forgot she's a smart cookie and listens/remembers what you tell her. I quickly had to rephrase my comment and let her know these were "nice porcupines" and OK to touch. Disaster adverted. If this pretzel-stuck-in-everything-she-eats trick works, don't be surprised if I carry a bag of pretzels around in my back pocket.
NOTE: We have signed Marie up for a Cooking Class in April. This two-fold activity (one to of course make friends, and two to hopefully have her take interest in some new foods) is sure to be fun. Stay tuned for a post in April...