Friday, June 15, 2012

Sleep tight, Rube

Ruby is the best dog ever.  Granted, she barks at anyone walking outside (especially during Marie's nap times), jumps on people when they come to the house, has absolutely terrible allergies in July/Aug and sheds a little too much than we would like, but we love her anyway.  She's great with Marie (and hopefully with Yo-Yo as well) and is an all-around loyal dog that has taken up a strange habit during her sleeping hours.  Not sure if it's been pointed out, but Ruby sleeps with a pillow.  Yes, a Standard size, firm pillow.  Now, I'm not a crazy dog person that I go out and buy her a special pillow, she gets my hand-me-down when I get a new pillow (don't tell her).  Her pillow is on her bed in our bedroom.  You would think that if a dog had a pillow and bed, they would sleep on it every night, right?  Wrong.  Ruby apparently prefers different sleep positions....some including the pillow/bed combo, some just the pillow, and some not even near both.