Thursday, June 21, 2012
Bed skirt
We all know the heat is not a friend of mine. One nice thing about the heat is that it forces me to stay indoors and complete projects around the house (or think up new ones...get ready Chris!). I've had "boy" fabric laying around since I was pregnant with Marie (since we didn't know what we were having) in hopes of getting creative and making a bed skirt. Luckily, Marie was a girl, so I didn't feel pressure to complete the skirt....so it laid in a drawer until another time. Since I had the extra time this week (thanks to Mother Nature and her high temps), I cranked out the bed skirt. Adorable and so easy to make (picture to come later, we just lowered Marie's bed, I'm not able to raise it just for a photo op). Thanks to my Mom, for pinning everything while Marie was napping and I was getting some other work done, I was able to complete the bed skirt and check it off my ever growing to-do list. I seriously think the best part of being pregnant is nesting and getting everything ready. You may ask yourself, "Julie, what if you have another girl?" Good question. Of course, we will be thrilled and if we don't have a boy, I'm gladly giving the boy bed skirt to one of our 9 (yes, NINE!!!) other friends who are all expecting babies by the end of January. Congrats to all these Momma's out there! I can't wait until all the babes are here...and see which boy may get the bed skirt :)