Monday, July 15, 2013

Birds: Johnny, Johnny, Johnny and Tanya

Not sure why, but Marie has a thing with the West County Mall dove.  She lovingly named it, Johnny.  Actually, she tends to name a lot of birds that she sees, Johnny.  (It should be noted that neither Chris nor I know a Johnny, work with a Johnny, or are related to a Johnny.  We have no idea where she heard the name.)  Knowing her fondness of birds, Meemaw bought Marie 2 small figurines of birds.  Of course, their names are Johnny and Johnny.  So when Marie saw a turtledove making a nest* at our house, she named it Johnny.  I couldn't do it.  Too many Johnnys to keep track of.  I told her that this bird's name was Tanya, the turtledove (don't judge, it was the first "T" girl name I could think of).  So hopefully, the Johnnys have ended and we can introduce new names to her.

*This is the second turtledove nest in the same spot this year.  Either the first turtledove told their friends how wonderful our house was to raise a family, or "Tanya" is one fertile turtledove and is the same bird as before.


The Original "Johnny"


"Johnny and Johnny"
(Yes, those are play dough nests made by yours truly.)

"Tanya", the fertile turtledove





No comments:

Post a Comment