With #2 on the way soon (two months, yikes!!), we've started the process of the big move for Marie down the hall to her new Big Girl room.
First up: painting by Daddy.
 |
| Daddy hard at work. |
 |
| President of the peanut gallery supervising...."I think you missed a spot, Daddy." |
 |
| Greens and yellows can be tough colors to choose, but we picked a winner on this green! |
Next up: a Big Girl bed! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love to put Ikea stuff together! When it comes to Ikea, I am my Father's Daughter...he was very handy and loved doing this kind of stuff. Give me the instructions and my pink screwdriver and I can put together anything. But with being 30 weeks pregnant, and having strict orders from my
overly-cautious caring husband and mother, I had to enlist the help of Daddy (and also help from the Nanny to watch Marie while the bed was being put together). We managed to get the bed together and it looks great...even though she has yet to sleep on it.
 |
| Who's ready to be a Big Girl?!? |
 |
Daddy patiently waiting for the next set of instructions.
NOTE: Real men use pink screwdrivers. |
 |
| Mommy putting the pink screwdriver to work! |
 |
She looks so tiny in that big bed, which mind you, is only a twin size.
More to come on decorations and drapes (which this Mommy basically stole from Pottery Barn, they were so heavily discounted!)
|