Um yeah, I just looked at the date of the last post and realized I'm 2.5 weeks past due. With that being said, I guess I better post some pretty good stuff to make up for my tardiness.
Let's back up to Marie's 1st birthday....her best friend-that-she's-never-met-but-will-one-day-soon,
Caryn, sent her a super cute bean bag chair. Not only can you find Marie lounging in her new chair with a sippy cup of warm milk reading her favorite Dr. Seuss book, the little stinker has taught herself to stand on it to reach higher ground. I'll save those pictures so that I don't get frantic phone calls from the grandparents. Of course, it's no shock that she is also in love with the bean bag chair box. Just the other day, she got a marker and wrote a message on the box. I get it Marie, you want to meet Caryn. Pretty sure Fedex doesn't ship babies, so we'll have to look into flights.
 |
| Just relaxin....with mischief written all over her cute little face. |
 |
| Don't worry Marie, we'll get you out to AZ soon! |
Thanksgiving came and went too - must have been in a food coma to not post that day/week. Of course, so thankful for so many things.....happy and healthy family being top on my list. Second is my Mom's stuffing and her sweet potatoes.
Now onto December. December?! Wow. With the weather taking a turn recently (we had our first dusting of snow today!), we've spent lots of time in Marie's playroom. If we let her, this kid would spend hours in there just moving from one toy to the next. Peek-a-boo is a new crowd favorite, as well as stacking blocks and knocking them down. It's hilarious...for a 1 yr old.
 |
| Where's Marie?! |
 |
| There she is! (With her standard 1 sock on and 1 sock off.) |
 |
| Green buckets from dollar store = hours of entertainment. (Mommy put both socks on for this pic.) |
Last time I checked, Marie was a newborn and barely filled out her car seat on the way home from the hospital. Now she's outgrown that car seat and has requested a big girl car seat. Well, she got one. Now Mommy just has to figure out how the dang thing goes in the car. Until then, we'll play on it in the foyer.
**NEWSFLASH** --- Santa rolled through our neighborhood this past weekend! Our neighbor Andy (who ironically is a Captain with the Des Peres Fire Department) personally knows Santa and arranges for him to visit good boys and girls on our street. Since Marie has been better than good this year, of course she got the invite to meet the big guy. So much fun!
 |
| Do you see what I see?! Santa's "sleigh" is really a firetruck, what? (It's how we roll in Ballwin.) |
 |
| Other good boys and girls! |
 |
| First meeting (a classic stare down) with THE Santa! |
19 days until Christmas! (18 until another special day....this is a friendly reminder for my husband).
No comments:
Post a Comment