Sunday, December 11, 2011

Highs and Low

Not sure if you knew this about my amazing husband, but he has a love of pub/high tables.  When we got married, we had a total of 3 pub tables and 1 regular kitchen table (all in a 900 sq ft house).  He claims that the pub tables are like "stadium seating" when watching TV.  I claim they are for sports bars where waitresses serve you...neither of these are found at our house.

Not sure how many of you have ever fed a baby from a pub table, but it's awkward.  The constant leaning over, jumping off to get something you forgot or numbness in dangling legs has caused serious back pain and agony for me everyone.  So, we (yes, we) have taken serious measures in our house to rid ourselves of the pub tables, well at least 1 of the 3.  A quick posting on Chris' "for sale" board at work and BAM, it's sold....and we have $ to put towards a new iPhone for Mommy normal low table.  This sale came so fast that I immediately ran around the house with trusty camera taking pictures of other items we could sell.  Found a rug we never use, posted a picture on the board, and BAM....sold!  We did decide to keep 1 of the 3 high tables for our dining room.  The remaining table is still up for sale on the board.  We're thinking about running a "Holiday Special" and lowering the price this week.  We'll see if it turns into a Christmas Miracle and we can sell it.

SOLD!

SOLD!

Any takers??
Waiting for the new "low" table.  Apparently Ruby was on "Team Pub Table" with her Daddy.
She's pretty upset about it being sold.

New low table = success!  Look at how happy our family is now with a normal kitchen table!

Since I was on a roll with having the Mr. agree that we needed to sell some of the pub tables, I thought I'd press my luck and ask for an accent wall to be painted in the family room. And BAM, he agreed!  It makes a big difference in the room, and I love it.  Thank you honey!  

No comments:

Post a Comment