It's official, I tore my MCL and ACL. Ugh...
Dr said the MCL will heal on it's on, but will take 3-4 weeks. Need to stay on crutches for about 2 more weeks and I was given a hinge brace so I can slowly get mobility back in my leg. Only supposed to wear that during the day and continue to wear the big obnoxious brace at night. Once the MCL is healed, it'll be time for ACL surgery, which will require a week at home afterwards. Shooting for surgery by end of April, early May.
Good thing about today is that we got to see Ruby! Chris' parents are nice enough to watch Ruby (THANK YOU SO MUCH!) for a while until I am feeling better and am more comfortable on my crutches. She was very excited to see us, and it was good to see her too.
Maybe she'll leave her allergy issues in South County and not bring them home with her?!
A girl can dream.
My at-home nurse (Chris) has been very sweet taking care of me. Fluffing pillows, preparing meals, doing laundry, and making sure I am on track with medicines and icing my knee.
Last night, he made sure I had something to eat before taking my medicine.....
Pretty sure the heart-shaped cheese and crackers will stop one of these days, but I'm enjoying them (and appreciate them) while they last. Thanks Chris!
Also BIG thanks to my Mom for taking me to the Dr on Monday, even if we had someone back up into our car on our way to the appointment....seriously, when is this bad luck going to end?!
No comments:
Post a Comment