Wally's good taste in "get well soon" flowers.
Also, on Thursday night, Chris (aka: McGyver) rigged up a chair in the tub for me to take a "real" shower. Thanks to Big Lots and their seasonal patio furniture for making this happen. I feel like a whole new person now that I can shower! Along with the shower chair, Chris also helped fix my crutch handles so my hands/palms won't hurt anymore. That's more painful now than my knee. Maybe he's fixing all this stuff so he doesn't have to hear me complain anymore :)
Friday - Was "the accident" really a week ago today? To celebrate a week behind us, we got crazy and went to a Fish Fry with the Boland's. Did we mention we got another offer on our house?! Not a very good offer, but at least it was a bite. We'll see what happens.
Saturday - The black cloud struck again.....the sewer backed up, ugh. Good news is that the plumbers came out right away and put a rush on the digging of our front yard to fix the main pipe. Hoping that gets done by early next week. We're anxious for the day when we can run water, do laundry, flush toilets and water the lawn all at the same time. Tonight, we went to my nephew's (Adam) 2nd birthday. Toys, kids, toys, food, toys and Madelyn's shenanigans, always a good time.
After Adam's party, we drove to see Ruby. She had no idea we were there and was SO surprised when she saw us. We're hoping to get her back (that is if Lynn & Dave let us have her back!) later next week.
Sunday - GRADUATION DAY! Today I graduated to a "hinge" brace and am allowed to put very little pressure ("enough to crack an egg") on my right foot while walking with my crutches. I still have to wear my big leg brace when I sleep at night, but at least I can get around better and wear normal pants.
Still swollen, but this is MUCH better than last week.
My new leg brace.
No comments:
Post a Comment