Sunday, April 29, 2012

Here we "Yo" again...


That's right folks, the cats out of the bag and my elastic maternity pants/shorts are officially out of storage....Baby #2 is due November 10, 2012!  For those of you who are already marking your calendars, yes, we are well aware that this is 4 days before Marie's birthday.  We always said we wanted kids 2 years apart, so I guess we get an A+ for timing and planning :)  

In keeping with tradition (and because we like torturing family & friends), we are not going to find out the sex, and we will keep the names a secret.  Until Baby #2 arrives and has a proper name, we will lovingly call him/her Yo-Yo.  No, not because we are having twins (we checked, we're not, whew!), but because Marie was Yo, so now he/she will be Yo-Yo.  

We've had a couple ultrasounds and everything looks good.  You forget how cool it is to hear that heartbeat...never get tired of that!  As for Mommy, after 2 rough weeks of nausea, I'm feeling much better.  (God bless those of you who have had sickness the whole first trimester or whole pregnancy for that matter!)   And remember that daily 10am cottage cheese craving I had when I was pregnant with Marie?  Gone.  I really am not craving anything lately, except for a few extra naps.  Chris, of course, is a saint and takes Marie to the park or grocery shopping on the weekends so I can catch up on my sleep.  Now that I'm into the second trimester, I'm looking forward to getting my energy back.  As for Chris, he's thrilled!  Already planning to paint the 2nd bedroom for Marie and get her room ready for a big girl bed.  With Marie, she couldn't be happier.  Learning the words "happy" and "baby" in the past few weeks is proof of her excitement.  And Ruby, well just as when she found out about Marie, she's speechless.


1 comment: