Thursday, August 18, 2011

From the Stiff's kitchen to Our's

I have a problem.....I go to the grocery store, come home and say "we have nothing to eat" or each night when Chris gets home it's "what are we having for dinner?"  Then food goes bad and I have to go to the grocery store again.....which starts the cycle all over again.  Enter fellow blogger, Leslie Stiff.  Seems like she's in the same predicament as me and took action with her own menu board....so I've decided to do the same for our family, with my own lil twist. 

I gathered up my supplies: old picture of my Mom's that she wasn't using anymore, poster board, letter stickers and spray paint.

We can all agree this picture needed to be repurposed, sorry Mom, but thanks!  Just had to cut picture out and clean glass.

Quick coat of black spray paint over the bronze-ish picture frame.

Sticker letters on the red poster board so I don't have to rewrite the days each week.
Glass on top and use dry erase marker for menu items.

And there you go....displayed proudly in the pantry. 
I plan on making something for the actual grocery list next to it.
Note: there is nothing listed on it yet....will start fresh next week...guess we'll have to eat out until then, or go to the Stiff's.
Also, please no comments on the disorganized pantry.  I can only do 1 thing at a time people.


1 comment:

  1. I got a shout-out, are you kidding me? Thanks Jules!

    Your menu board puts mine to shame - nicely done!!!! And way to get the $$$$ camera back out but when you have such a cute subject, it makes it all the easier to get a good shot.

    ReplyDelete