Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Busy, busy busy

Been kind of busy lately....haven't had time to write much, so here's a recap of the highlights:

- Lori and I went to see Nie Nie speak.  What an amazing woman, courageous story and very inspirational talk!
- The Winter Ladies went with Madelyn to get her ears pierced for her 6th birthday.  For those of you asking ....No, Marie did not get her's done!  Not a tear was shed and she picked the pretty "pink ice" earrings.  No one had the heart to tell her they were October's birthstone, not April.  {Side note: Madelyn lost her first tooth the following day....BIG weekend for her!)
- Teaching myself to knit. OK, I just started today, we'll see how long it lasts.  Everyone is getting scarves and potholders for Christmas.  Please act surprised. 
- Got a new roof.  Tomas and his mighty crew of about 10 men spent the day on our roof pounding away.  Marie didn't mind the noise and Ruby took shelter under our bed.  I adjusted all of the slanted pictures around the house.  Luckily it was installed in time for the big storm this week.  Gracias Tomas!

Looking forward to Easter this weekend, but REALLY looking forward to the Royal Wedding.  Did I tell you we were invited?!  OK, we weren't invited to the real wedding, we were really just invited to my Mom's house for a sleepover with an early wake-up call to watch the festivities.  Chris declined the invite, so Marie is going as my +1.

No comments:

Post a Comment