Monday, July 23, 2012

The Beautiful Parlor

I was reminded today by one of my many fans (OK, 2 of them), that I am delinquent on my blog posts.  Now that I have a chance to sit down and save the 250 pictures from my phone, I'm hoping to please my 2 fans.

The Little Lady had her first professional haircut last week (as opposed to Mommy and Daddy wrestling her on the bathroom counter)!  A tad unsure (no tears, just fussing) at the beginning with the cape, but then smooth sailing from then on.  Thanks to a place that specializes in kid's haircuts (The Hairy Elephant), she sat in a Lightning McQueen car and watched Elmo the whole time.  Let's hope all future haircuts are this successful!

No likey the cape.

Elmo comes to the rescue.

A quick blow dry.

A little product, 2 hairclips and she's done!

Post beauty parlor McDonald's lunch at Meemaw's (Grandma Winter) new house...furniture hadn't been delivered yet, which explains the empty family room behind Marie.

Dessert provided by Meemaw.
In typical Marie fashion, she didn't eat any of them, just took them out and counted them.

Snazzy certificate proves she's growing up way too fast.