Thursday, February 10, 2011

Update on Mommy

Hi Everyone, it's me....Marie!  Since Mommy is down and out this week, I thought I'd log on and write an update so everyone knows how she's doing.  Below are some pictures as a recap of this first week with a new knee.
<>
This is the CPM machine that Mommy had to wear 24/7 for a week. 
She did NOT like sleeping with it because it was not comfortable and moved up and down all night long.
Even though it's called a CPM machine, she called it something else, but I think it was a bad word, so I won't repeat it.
Luckily, she doesn't have to sleep with it anymore, but does have to use it 6 times a day for another week.

Mommy may not like the CPM machine, but it's so fun to ride when she's not looking!


Anyway, here is a look at Mommy's leg.  She thinks either the doctors beat her or the nurses thought her leg was a pinata.  She said the bruising doesn't hurt, just looks gross.  She said it's a great way for me to learn my colors!

While Mommy was in her CPM machine all week, I got to come visit with her.  I'm pretty sure it made her happy to see me, especially when those nasty pain meds were making her not feel well.


Don't be afraid of the beard....this is just my Daddy, but this week, we call him Mr. Mom. 
He's been great, staying home to help take care of me. 

And when I'm not trying to make Mommy smile, or have Daddy change my diaper, I'm just being my same old cute self. 
Nowadays, I love to sit in my high chair and play, it's my new favorite thing to do.


And we can't forget Ruby and Grandma Kathy.  Ruby been great while Mommy hasn't been feeling well.  She's not causing any trouble.
Grandma Kathy has been a huge help too.  She stays with me and Mommy while Daddy is at work.
Even though she claims she doesn't like dogs, I think she looks like a natural and has been doing a great job!
Well, as you can see, we've had a busy week.  Mommy went to the doctor yesterday and she needs to keep using her crutches for another week and will start PT again on Friday.  She's been keeping up with her exercises so she can lift and bend her leg again.  She said her goal is to be ready for next year's ski season....OK, we all know that's not true.

Until next time!
Love,
Marie

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics!!! First off, Marie is ridiculously adorable (love the JC shirt), secondly, ouch to the knee - glad the surgery is over for you, good luck with the recovery! Third, why does every guy go grizzly when they get a few days off work:) Grant did the same thing after Ryan was born and he was home helping. Just don't let him feed her beans.

    ReplyDelete